Wednesday, June 25, 2008

First day in Eve, again.

So, I stated up Eve with Davis Hmenthe, and decided to play around for a while. I did the two tutorial missions, and then I decided to do some light mining while waiting for my skill base to level up. It's easy cash. As I'm sitting in the belt, I'm checking local chat, and an interesting offer comes up. Somebody wanted some help with something, and was willing to pay a generous amount. After establishin that even me with my newb frigate was wanted, I signed up. I docked at the station, and found that my bank account had swelled by 2 million isk, a fleet invite, and a brand new frigate with a larger cargo hold. Now, my paranoia sense was a tingling, but I decided that I was new enough not to be a good target. So I signed up, and found out what the op was.


High Sec Piracy.

What would happen is that he'd find a hulk, hit it with his fully insured battleship, and kill it. Let Concord take him out, while I grabbed the loot, and then sell it for a large amount.

We managed to find a lone hulk in a 0.6 sec space. We got into possition, he got up right behind it. I was ready to loot, he was ready to shoot. But then, trouble arose!

I sat there, the hulk in my eyes, and a battleship hovering over my shoulder. I was wondering why he wasn't shooting, or scrambling. Sooner or later the hulk would wake up and run away....the problem was that he couldn't get a lock! I decided to try something daring. I, in my cheap frigate, without weapons, locked onto the hulk!

My bluff worked! The hulk transfered it's target scramblers to me! The battleship's systems overcame the target scramblers it had, and openned fire, utterly destroying the hulk. Concord came, I looted the wreck, and grabbed what equipement was left behind by my companions wreck, then hightailed it back to a station. Total take? 2 tech II shield extenders, 2 strip miners I, a tech II Cargohold expander, and about 20k of Omber and such. Not a bad take, especially for a noobie.

So, my bank account is, after spliting the loot, around 5 some million. I think this is a good sign. Also, I like piracy.

1 comment:

Kirith Kodachi said...

Awesome work! Welcome to the dark side my son.